Yannis Fikas is Director of Recruitment Development at the New York College. http://www.nyc.gr/
He is a Member of the Board of the Institute of Migration. http://www.imepo.org/index.php?lang=en
Member of the advisory boards and friends of the Institute of Philosophy and Technology.http://www.iphiltec.eu/advisors.html
Member of the Friends of the Acropolis Museum. http://www.acropolisfriends.gr/
He cooperates with the website http://www.aspropotamos.org.
He has taught a graduate level course on “Renaissance Philosophy” at the University of Athens from 2001 to 2008. He has worked as Executive Director of Technology and Academic Programs at the American College of Greece from 1995 to 2011.
He is the author of five books with philosophical, archaeological and anthropological content:
- Philosophy, World, City and Man, Athens, Nikas, 2013.
- Giordano Bruno, His Place in the History of Philosophy and Ideas, Athens, Nikas ,May 2012.
- Paths of Art and Wisdom, Athens, Nikas, December 2010.
- Art and Culture of Ancient World, Athens, Karakotsoglou, June 2005.
- Myths and Communications, Athens, Nikas, February 2003.
- Giordano Bruno, His Place in the History of Philosophy and Ideas, , Athens, Ellinika Grammata, April 2000.
He graduated from the University of Patras obtaining a degree in Computer Engineering and Computer Science. He obtained his Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Athens.